Some general policies for outside events include the following:
• A building Lease and Rental Agreement must be completed to rent the facility.
• A refundable damage deposit is required.
• Parking is free with 350 paved parking areas available. There are additional gravel parking areas and 14 acres of grassed parking.
• Groups are restricted only to the buildings and areas specified on the contract. If more than one event is going on at the fairgrounds, renters will share all parking areas.
• Due to a fire safety code, no doorways marked with an EXIT sign can be blocked in any way for any reason.
• No tables or booths may be set up in the Gallery area (hallways) in the Exhibition Center.
• Outside events are furnished with trash removal containers for all paper, waste, food remains, etc. in all areas including restrooms, kitchen, and outside areas. Renters are responsible for all clean-up and must return floors and equipment back to the original state of cleanliness. Entire areas used must be swept.
• All groups using the fairground's facilities will be responsible for setting up and taking down tables and chairs and returning them to chair and table carts. The Buildings and Grounds Staff can provide set-up, teardown, and clean-up service for a fee if desired.
• Renter is responsible for all clean-up of all areas used. Livestock or small animal groups are responsible for the removal of all straw and/or refuse from the fairgrounds. This shall be completed within 24 hours after rental time expires. Damage/clean up deposit will not be returned unless clean-up is completed to Operation Manager's satisfaction.
• Outside events may provide their own food service. If needed, the Exhibition Center has a large commercial kitchen available for rent. There is also a Concession Stand available for food service.
• There will be NO beer or alcoholic drinks served or allowed on the fairgrounds. The group renting the facility will be responsible for enforcing this rule.
• A PA system and other A.V. equipment can be scheduled for an additional fee. Portable bleachers, stage, podium, overhead projector, overhead screen, electrical drops, and pipe drape sections are also available for rent.
• Camper hook-ups with electric and water are available for rental on the fairgrounds. Showers are in the restrooms.
• No nails or hooks, etc. shall be allowed on walls in any buildings.
• No smoking is permitted in any building or barn.
• A Certificate of Insurance showing comprehensive general liability coverage is required from any event charging admission, selling a product, or holding an auction. The Certificate of Insurance must be received two weeks before the rental date.